Thursday, November 12, 2009

Baked Potato Soup

Today was a rainy/snowy day. Poor Goobs has had a "poopy" day and dear hubby, the Biological Engineer, may be coming down for a cold. So it seemed like a good day for me, the Domestic Engineer, to try making a soup that isn't from a can.



This recipe I found on one of my favorite cooking blogs, Eat At Home, but left out the bacon because I didn't feel like getting frostbitten fingers searching for it in the freezer. I also added broccoli because my husband loves it on his baked potatoes. So put whatever you usually like on baked potatoes!

4-6 baked potatoes
1 onion, chopped
2/3 cup butter
6 cups milk
2/3 cup flour
1-2 cups cheese
Steamed Broccoli
Seasonings

Bake potatoes and scoop out the pulp. I got tired halfway through and just ended up cutting the rest into chunks instead.
Melt butter and saute onion, add milk, WHISK in flour. DO NOT BOIL!
Add potatoes, cheese, broccoli.
Season to taste with what you generally like to put on baked potatoes. We like Mrs. Dash, garlic salt, and pepper.



Mmmmm, this soup is tasty! I don't know how healthy it may be but I don't always care about that. Bad me!

2 comments:

Cory said...

YAY! That soup looks yummy! And I think your blog will be wayyyy better than everyone else's - you are so funny and cooooooool!

ps we should do spy bags and you can post a picture of it!

The Seamons Family said...

That soup looks super yummy! I'm going to have to try that recipe soon!
I love the idea of you doing another blog!