Saturday, January 2, 2010

Good 'ol Sunday Pot Roast in the Crock Pot

Time for a pot roast post. Say that ten times fast, I triple dog dare ya! I'm posting this on a Saturday so that, if you happen to be reading this now, you have time to make it tomorrow.

Ingredients:
Onion
Potatoes
Carrots
Celery
2 Garlic Cloves
Pork Loin
Seasonings (Mrs. Dash, Lemon Pepper, Garlic Salt, S&P)
1/2 to 1 cup Water


I didn't list how much of each ingredient to use because it really depends on the size of crowd/family you'll be feeding. Since it generally is just me, hunnybun, and the goobs, I chose a small pork loin out of the freezer, 5 potatoes, and a handful of leftover carrots and celery from the relish container that needed using up. It also depends on the size of your crock pot.

Defrost the pork loin in the microwave, if needed, while you prep/cut up the vegetables.


Layer about half of the potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion on the bottom of the pot. Add a little seasoning.


Place the pork loin on top and surround it with the rest of the vegetables. Add the water. Season with your choice of seasons. Put the lid on and turn the crock pot on to high for four hours or low for eight hours. (I generally choose high depending on the time of day.)


Cut into the middle to check for doneness (is that even a word?). If you like gravy, take some (or all) of the drippings left in the pot and mix with a packet of gravy (yup, I cheat sometimes, but that's okay).

Now, who wants to come over for dinner and do my dishes? :P


P.S. Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

Cory said...

U R LOVED!! Thanks for the poop cookie recipe:)