Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Leftover Turkey Fajitas

Sorry for the blogging hiatus. I came down with a nasty tummy ache and wasn't up to eating, let alone cooking for a good long while. But now I'm back! So...

Wondering what to do with that leftover turkey that's still coming out of your ears? Or did you get some leftover turkey from your parents who had too much coming out of their ears? One of my favorite things around this time are turkey fajitas! And that's what we had for dinner tonight. It was quick, easy, and very tasty! (Note: chicken can be used as well.)

Ingredients:
Onion
Green pepper
Cooked turkey cut into strips or cubes
Put a little spice in your life (I used Mrs. Dash, chili powder, cumin, curry powder)

Soft tortilla shells

Toppings:
Sour cream
Salsa
Cheese
Tomato
Lettuce
Whatever else you like

Saute the onion and green pepper. Add the turkey. Season with preferred spices. Serve meat sizzling and fix up your fajita however you like it and scarf it up!

(Sorry, I'm really bad at taking pictures but it's pretty easy and looks so yummy that you'd just want to lick your computer screen anyway, and that's not a good idea so I'm saving you the hassle.)

Coming soon...the infamously delicious Mackay family recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies...as soon as chocolate chips go on sale at the grocery store...I'm all out and dying here!

No comments: